There isn’t a clear-cut best choice among the many companies beneath as to which one provides one of the best work setting. All insurers within the checklist implement sturdy measures to maintain employees engaged and provide aggressive worker advantages. The rankings are, as an alternative, organized primarily based on workforce dimension beginning with the biggest. Listed below are one of the best insurance coverage corporations to work for within the US primarily based on our analysis.
1. Liberty Mutual
Workforce dimension: 45,000+
Head workplace location: Boston, MA
Liberty Mutual Holdings Firm Inc. is the fourth-largest property and casualty insurer within the US and sixth globally when it comes to written premiums. Its portfolio of insurance coverage merchandise consists of:
- Private and business auto insurance coverage
- Owners’ insurance coverage
- Industrial property insurance coverage
- Staff’ compensation
- Normal legal responsibility insurance coverage
- A number of-peril business insurance coverage
- Specialty traces
Liberty Mutual unveiled its multi-year range, fairness, and inclusion (DE&I) plan for workers in 2019. This serves as the corporate’s blueprint for rising the illustration of girls and folks of coloration in any respect ranges of its companies throughout the US.
When the COVID-19 pandemic struck a 12 months later, an annual survey revealed that an astounding 92% of the mutual insurer’s general workforce reported being “extraordinarily glad” with the corporate as a spot to work, rising from 85% within the earlier 12 months. This earned Liberty Mutual among the many “Greatest Workplaces in Monetary Companies & Insurance coverage” and “Greatest Workplaces for Mother and father” by Nice Locations to Work.
It was additionally in 2020 that Liberty Mutual launched its first-ever International Worker Expertise operate designed to take a extra “holistic, inclusive, and data-driven method” to understanding what issues probably the most to its employees and collaborating with them to create distinctive experiences.
Liberty Mutual has additionally been named a Greatest Employer for Range and Greatest Employer for New Graduates by Forbes for offering ample alternatives for profession progress for all staff. It has likewise been constantly included in a number of annual “Greatest Insurance coverage Firms to Work For” awards and has scored an ideal 100 on the company equality index – a benchmarking survey that measures company insurance policies and practices associated to LGBTQ+ office equality – for 5 consecutive years.
2. Progressive Insurance coverage
Workforce dimension: 45,000+
Head workplace location: Mayfield Village, OH
The Progressive Group of Insurance coverage Firms ranks third among the many US’ largest auto insurers, underwriting greater than 13 million insurance policies yearly. It’s also the highest bike and specialty RV insurer within the nation and writes business auto insurance policies and several other private traces dangers, together with owners’ insurance coverage.
Progressive locations nice significance on permitting staff to precise their true selves and convey their strengths to work, making it among the many greatest insurance coverage corporations to work for. The insurer additionally holds all staff accountable for sticking to its 5 core values – excellence, integrity, golden rule, goals, and revenue.
Progressive provides wonderful advantages, together with entry to monetary wellbeing packages, which give the next:
- 401(ok) retirement plans
- Tuition help
- Truthful base pay
- Annual bonus program
Firm advantages additionally embody:
- Well being, imaginative and prescient, and dental care
- Well being financial savings accounts
- Psychological well being help
- Entry to health facilities
- Maternity help
Progressive positioned 51st in Fortune’s 100 Greatest Firms to Work For and sixty fifth within the 100 Greatest Massive Workplaces for Millennials in 2022.
Aggressive pay 💵
Neighborhood involvement 🌳
Range, Fairness and Inclusion 💙
We may go on however have a look for your self. See why Progressive is a superb place to begin or develop your #career. #JobSearch #PGRStrong
— Progressive (@progressive) April 28, 2022
Workforce dimension: 32,000+
Head workplace location: San Antonio, TX
USAA is the main supplier of insurance coverage and different monetary companies to members of the US navy, veterans, and their households, constantly rating on the prime of a number of buyer satisfaction surveys.
However aside from offering wonderful buyer expertise, USAA is among the greatest insurance coverage corporations to work for within the nation, giving staff and their households a variety of advantages, together with:
- Medical and dental insurance coverage protection
- Retirement financial savings plans
- Paid break day
- Rewards and recognition packages
- Entry to health facilities and private trainers
- School admission help
- Ongoing coaching packages
USAA ranked 87th within the 2021 version of Fortune’s 100 Greatest Firms to Work For, the final time it was included.
Workforce dimension: 26,000+
Head workplace location: Columbus, OH
A Fortune 100 agency, Nationwide Mutual Insurance coverage Firm provides a full suite of insurance coverage merchandise to shoppers throughout the US, together with:
- Automotive insurance coverage
- Industrial insurance coverage
- Owners’ insurance coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- Motorbike insurance coverage
- Pet insurance coverage
Nationwide’s dedication to DE&I is mirrored in how the insurance coverage big operates its enterprise. It requires companions to point out a “dedication to creating alternatives that promote provider range.”
As well as, hundreds of Nationwide staff take part in useful resource teams and unit councils annually, with the objective of fostering inclusion and bettering enterprise outcomes. The corporate additionally hosts occasions to have a good time the heritage of its staff to teach employees about various experiences and discover methods to turn into range and inclusion allies.
The Nationwide Basis, the insurer’s charity arm, is spearheading an initiative that enables associates to offer a “matching present” from the inspiration to pick out non-profits specializing in financial empowerment and social fairness. Nationwide leads all insurers within the newest Fortune 100 Greatest Firms to Work For, holding the twenty first spot.
5. Farmers Insurance coverage
Workforce dimension: 21,000
Head workplace location: Woodland Hills, CA
One of many nation’s largest suppliers of automobile, dwelling, and small enterprise insurance coverage can also be among the many greatest insurance coverage corporations to work for, putting 89th in Fortune 100’s newest rankings.
Farmers Insurance coverage Group prioritizes taking good care of its staff and has carried out varied methods to supply help for its employees. Certainly one of these initiatives is the Farmers Household Fund, which permits the insurer to instantly reply when staff encounter monetary hardship. Since its inception in 2012, the scheme has offered over $2.5 million in grants to staff in want.
Farmers Insurance coverage additionally exhibits its dedication to inclusion and variety by sponsoring completely different worker teams, together with:
- Farmers Pleasure
- Girls’s Inclusion Community
- Veterans & Advocates
- Farmers Asian Alliance
- Somos Farmers
- Black Professionals Alliance
- Incapacity Inclusion Group
- Farmers Future
- Dad or mum Join
Farmers Insurance coverage additionally received an ideal rating on the newest Company Equality Index from the Human Rights Marketing campaign Basis.
6. Mutual of Omaha
Workforce dimension: 6,000+
Head workplace location: Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 500 mutual insurer providing a variety of life and well being insurance policies. These embody:
- Life insurance coverage
- Group medical insurance
- Lengthy-term care insurance coverage
- Medicare complement
The mutual insurer has varied ongoing D&I initiatives, together with:
- Range & Inclusion Motion Group (DIAG): Consists of Mutual of Omaha leaders who present focus and path for the insurer’s DE&I packages.
- Advocacy and Advisory Council: Made up of associates from the corporate’s completely different items who’re tasked to advocate alternatives for implementing DE&I methods.
- Mutually Linked: A obligatory culture-shaping workshop exploring ideas and values that help DE&I.
- Mutually Inclusive: The mutual insurer’s flagship program is designed to strengthen ideas that “bridge connections throughout variations,” together with anti-racism, allyship, and identification.
7. Allianz Life
Workforce dimension: 2,200+
Head workplace location: Minneapolis, MN
Allianz Life Insurance coverage Firm of North America has been a relentless fixture of Fortune’s checklist for the previous decade, putting quantity 77 within the newest version. The corporate is a subsidiary of the worldwide insurance coverage big Allianz SE and provides a variety of retirement merchandise, together with particular person life insurance coverage and annuities.
Allianz Life’s LinkedIn profile states that it gives staff with a “artistic, collaborative working setting with ongoing profession growth alternatives.” The specialist life insurer additionally provides a aggressive compensation and advantages package deal, which incorporates:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Worker inventory buy plans
- Retirement financial savings plan
8. American Constancy Assurance
Workforce dimension: 2,000+
Head workplace location: Oklahoma Metropolis, OK
American Constancy Assurance Firm secured the 53rd spot on the Fortune 100 Greatest Firms to Work For in 2021, because of its efforts to help staff on the top of the pandemic. Most just lately, it was named among the many prime workplaces for IT by a number of business specialists.
American Constancy gives supplemental advantages to its a couple of million policyholders, consisting largely of employers within the public, automotive, healthcare, and training sectors. Among the many services the corporate provides are:
- Supplemental insurance coverage
- Cease-loss insurance coverage for self-funded plans
- Inexpensive Care Act (ACA) consulting
- Affected person safety
- On-line advantages enrollment software program
- Reimbursement accounts and administration
- Part 125 Plan administration
Workforce dimension: 1,100+
Head workplace location: New York, NY
Lemonade is the one insurtech agency on our checklist of one of the best insurance coverage corporations to work for. Aside from being among the many drivers of digital transformation within the business, the tech startup is a public profit firm and a Licensed B Company.
Lemonade operates an annual giveback program, the place it donates unused premiums to numerous charitable organizations chosen by its members. Since 2017, the insurtech agency has given again about $6.2 million to numerous non-profits throughout the nation. Most just lately, it has donated $1.9 million price of unused premiums to completely different charities, together with:
- Charity: Water: Obtained $134,909 to help water initiatives in Mali
- Direct Aid: Obtained $133,955 to supply emergency medical backpacks to Ukrainian refugees
- 350.Org: Obtained $118,443 for “local weather justice” initiatives
Lemonade’s giveback program was acknowledged as one of many “World Altering Concepts” by Quick Firm. The agency has additionally been included within the checklist of Greatest-Led Firms and Greatest Office in America.
The insurtech firm makes use of behavioral economics and AI to supply insurance coverage insurance policies which can be 100% digital, that means each step – from offering quotes and underwriting to claims processing and approval – is finished by way of its cell app. Lemonade additionally fees a flat charge and boasts a “superfast” claims cost course of. It as soon as famously granted a declare in three seconds through the use of chatbots.
10. PURE Insurance coverage
Workforce dimension: 800+
Head workplace location: White Plains, NY
PURE Insurance coverage is a policyholder-owned insurance coverage firm dedicated to helping people and households by providing a variety of non-public coverages, together with:
- Auto insurance coverage
- House insurance coverage
- Cyber and fraud insurance coverage
- Jewellery insurance coverage
- Artwork and collectible insurance coverage
PURE, which stands for Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Trade, caters to high-net-worth individuals who want help in defending their property. The insurer provides a clear view of its processes, permitting policyholders to know precisely the place their cash goes and the way their accounts are being managed.
Amongst PURE Insurance coverage’s current accolades are being included within the checklist of Greatest Workplaces in Monetary Companies and Insurance coverage, Greatest Excessive Internet Price Insurance coverage Firm, and Greatest Insurance coverage Underwriter.
Meet Safiya Reid.
Safiya works in our Roswell workplace & leads our audacious efforts in direction of higher range, inclusion and fairness at PURE.
👂 to her interview on @LivingCorp_Pod the place she shares her profession & extra: https://t.co/a3uruhtrrK#diversityandinclusion #equity pic.twitter.com/vpApSbIVN0
— PUREinsurance (@PUREinsurance) March 12, 2021
Working for an insurance coverage firm will be each an thrilling and rewarding expertise because it offers you a chance to make a constructive affect on different folks’s lives. By serving as an knowledgeable useful resource individual, you may assist shoppers make knowledgeable choices about which forms of insurance policies present them with one of the best monetary safety.
Nonetheless, whether or not your tenure in an insurance coverage firm might be gratifying or upsetting depends upon an assortment of things, a lot of that are past your management, so it’s best to concentrate to those throughout your job search. Listed below are some attributes that one of the best insurance coverage corporations to work for have in widespread:
- Constructive tradition: An organization tradition that shares your values and ethics can hold you engaged and productive.
- Nice management: Staff look as much as assured, efficient, and honest leaders. In addition they assist the corporate succeed.
- Sense of neighborhood: The perfect insurance coverage corporations to work for type a neighborhood round their staff, the place everybody’s objectives are supported.
- Sense of belief: Managers in wholesome workplaces belief their crew members to work exhausting and make good choices. Staff, in the meantime, belief their leaders to information and help them.
- Sense of equity and equality: Nice corporations present a piece setting the place employees really feel that they obtain honest compensation and equal alternatives as their colleagues. These are additionally the place employees are much less prone to expertise bias, favoritism, and politics.
- Open communication: This enables corporations to construct belief and keep away from misunderstandings.
- Affords skilled growth: The perfect insurance coverage corporations to work for put money into its staff to assist them develop professionally.
- Transparency: Companies which can be clear about how they function can earn their employees’ belief and dedication.
- Innovation: Modern insurance coverage corporations are these which can be always evolving by creating new merchandise and techniques. In addition they encourage staff to share artistic concepts, make solutions, and take calculated dangers.
- Range: Nice corporations embrace all staff coming from various beliefs and backgrounds.
- Aggressive compensation: An insurance coverage firm that cares for its employees offers them salaries that permit them to reside comfortably and advantages that present them with a monetary security internet throughout surprising conditions. In case you’re questioning which jobs within the business provide probably the most compensation, you may try our newest rating of the highest-paying insurance coverage careers.
Right here’s a abstract of the traits that one of the best insurance coverage corporations to work for share.
The perfect insurance coverage corporations to work for within the US make every workday each difficult and rewarding. Engaged staff, a constructive work setting, and good compensation are simply among the indicators you need to be on the lookout for in the event you’re looking for one.
These are the forms of insurers you’ll discover on our Greatest in Insurance coverage America web page. Right here, you will discover insurance coverage corporations which can be nominated by their friends and vetted by our panel of specialists as respectable market leaders. In case you’re on the lookout for an organization that shares your values and gives the chance for skilled progress, this can be a good place to begin your job search.
What do you consider one of the best insurance coverage corporations to work for on our checklist? Are there any insurers that you simply suppose we missed? Share your ideas within the feedback part beneath.