Spring has sprung, and what meaning: we’re now searching for submissions for our annual regulation revue video contest. So far as final yr’s submissions are involved, a few of them had been humorous, a few of them had been “meh,” and a few of them made us wish to shut our heads inside our laptops. Belief us after we say you do NOT wish to be within the final class.
Should you assume you may carry a tune or inform a joke, we ask that you just ship us your best regulation revue movies in order that we — and the Above the Legislation viewers — might move judgment upon them. Put together for the worst, however hope for the easiest.
These answerable for the successful video will get Above the Legislation prizes and the pleasure of realizing they’re the envy of their regulation college friends. As at all times, there shall be full and complete exoneration for the losers. There’s at all times subsequent yr.
Earlier than you begin sending us your movies, we’ve acquired some guidelines. As future members of the authorized career, we hope you’ll have the ability to comply with them.
- Your video should be publicly out there on-line someplace. Ship us the hyperlink at email@example.com with the topic line “Legislation Revue Video Contest Submission – [School Name].” We’ll settle for submissions of any movies posted after April 22, 2022 (the deadline for our final contest).
- To keep away from complaints from opponents (see, e.g., West Virginia’s 2013 successful entry), your major performers should come from throughout the regulation college group (however cameos from outsiders are okay). How will we outline a “major performer”? Don’t take a look at us, gunners. We’ll know a violation after we see it.
- Ship us your submission by FRIDAY, APRIL 28, at 5:00 P.M. (Jap time). That’s not a mushy, regulation college deadline; it’s a tough, regulation agency deadline. (NO EXCEPTIONS, so don’t even strive pleading with us; when you’re studying this put up after the deadline, you don’t learn ATL ceaselessly sufficient.)
- Your editors right here at ATL will make an inventory of our favorites, the competitors finalists, and put up them.
- We are going to NOT watch movies longer than 5 minutes. Use modifying instruments, individuals.
- Please submit not more than two entries per college (one per college is even higher). Attempt to collaborate together with your fellow college students and submit not more than two entries. If the management of Legislation Revue can provide you with “official” submissions, that will be best.
- ATL readers will then vote to decide on the funniest of the finalists. The successful group will obtain ATL prizes (restrict 5 prizes).
Listed below are some unofficial guidelines:
Staci Zaretsky is a senior editor at Above the Legislation, the place she’s labored since 2011. She’d love to listen to from you, so please be at liberty to e-mail her with any suggestions, questions, feedback, or critiques. You may comply with her on Twitter or join together with her on LinkedIn.