* Neil Gorsuch manufacturers COVID-19 well being edicts presumably “the best intrusions on civil liberties within the peacetime historical past of this nation.” Whereas some would possibly remind him about slavery and segregation, I am undecided we ought to be giving him any concepts. [USA Today]
* Mike McKool leaves McKool Smith. Keep in mind Garfield Minus Garfield? It is like that. [Reuters]
* Decide rejects sweet firm’s movement to dismiss in case of man trapped inside hardened chocolate for hours. Willy Wonka declined remark. [Legal Intelligencer]
* Nancy Abudu confirmed to the Eleventh Circuit and all it took was a staggering 495 days or so. [Atlanta Journal-Constitution]
* Justice Stevens working papers launched. One gem entails Scalia chiding dissenters for worrying about damaging the Court docket’s legitimacy. That tracks. [ABA Journal]
* As a part of broader efforts to diversify the ranks of particular masters, some argue for rethinking the language of “grasp” itself. [Law.com]
* Kari Lake’s election problem going about in addition to her election did. [Courthouse News Service]
The put up Morning Docket: 05.19.23 appeared first on Above the Legislation.